Main Category : Administration Current Category :Departments
Disaster Management Authority
The District Disaster Information & Response Centre(DDI&RC) aims for an effective and realistic Disaster Management with fail proof communication, accurate databases in order to make optimal utilization of Men, Material and Resources to prevent the loss to lives as well as minimize the loss of property ensuring fastest restoration of the situations.
PURPOSE OF (DDI&RC)
- The DDI&RC is under control of the DC, which will be operational round the clock and is the nerve centre for the following activities.
- To monitor Coordinate and Implement the actions/activities for effective disaster responses as well as management of available resources.
- In a disaster time the DDI&RC will operate under the central authority of the DC, exercising emergency power to issue directives to all departments to provide emergency response service.
- DCR will coordinate with the State disaster response machinery like State Relief Commissioner and State Disaster Mitigation Authority for appropriate support and smooth flow of information.
- The Control Room will be manned round the clock for emergency responses.
- The DDI&RC will be placed in the Emergency Section of the District Collectorate.
Flood Contingency Plan 2012, Morigaon
Prepared by District Disaster Management Authority, Morigaon