Main Category : Administration Current Category :Departments
To promote Dairy Development in Morigaon District by facilitating marketing of milk produced in remote areas so that clean wholesome milk is available to consumers especially in the urban centers.
1. To organize the presently dispersed dairy farmers into integrated network of viable commercial unit especially into Milk Producers dairy Cooperative Society (DCS) & Milk Producers Institution(MPI) in potential areas.
2. To upgrade the skill of the producers for clean milk production, scientific rearing of cattle and production of indigenous milk products in order to maintain the quality as per Indian legal standards.
3. To process the rurally collected milk scientifically in the departmental processing facilities so as to provide marketing linkage to rural farmers on one hand while making available wholesome milk to consumers on the other.
1. Milk Chilling Center, Jagiroad: with 2000 Lts. Bulk Milk Cooler facility. This unit is under construction and is expected to be ready for use shortly.
2. Bulk Milk Cooling Unit, Bhurbandha with 500 Lts. Bulk Milk Cooler facility. This unit is under agreement of utilization by the Bhurbandha Surabhi, DUSS Ltd.
A. Under District Coordinator AACP(DD) office at Jagiroad:
- One post of District Coordinator, Morigaon District
- 4 (one 3rd Grade and 3, 4th grade staff) persons to assist the AACP programmes on attachment from other schemes.
B. Under Milk Chilling Center, Jagiroad :
- One Chilling Plant Supervisor
- 2 Nos. 4th Grade staff out of which one on attachment.
- Office of the District Coordinator, AACP(DD), Morigaon:
- Rastriya Krishi Vikash Yojana(RKVY), Dairy Development
- Milk Village Scheme(For SC & ST)
- Local Dairy Unit
- Commercial Dairy Unit
- Assam Agricultural Competitiveness Project (AACP), Dairy Development (Till March 2012)